Our region is sure to delight, offering something for everyone, with views that change dramatically with the seasons.
Our breezy summer season explodes into a spectacular autumn display that brings visitors from afar to gaze at the wonder of our magnificent tree-lined boulevards. As the last of the leaves fall, the short, cold days of winter are ideal for visiting this area, with afternoons stretching out by crackling open fires. Then before you know it, the region is alive again with all the wonderful sights, sounds and smells of spring.
For the nature-lover, there are world-class nurseries, private gardens, the Macedon Ranges Regional park and of course the iconic Hanging Rock to be explored.
Wander the streets of our historic towns and you will find boutique shopping, specialist art galleries, providores and gourmet larders. We are renowned for our local food and wine culture with an abundance of cafes, restaurants and bakeries.
Venture a little out of town to meet the winemaker at award winning cellar doors or try a tasting plate of craft beers at Woodend's own craft brewery.
The quiet roads that traverse our rolling hills and valleys leave road cyclists spoiled for choice. Mountain bike riders also have plenty of options with great trails around the Wombat Forest and Mount Macedon.
One visit just isn't enough!
- Woodend 1st Saturday of every month https://www.facebook.com/woodendfarmersmarket/timeline
- Kyneton 2nd Saturday of every month https://www.facebook.com/pg/KynetonFarmersMarket/about/?tab=page_info
- Riddells Creek 3rd Saturday of every month https://www.facebook.com/pg/KynetonFarmersMarket/about/?tab=page_info
- Lancefield 4th Saturday of every month https://www.facebook.com/LancefieldandDistrictFarmersMarket/
- June 8 to June 11, Woodend Winter Arts Festival http://woodendwinterartsfestival.org.au/
For more information on our region go to Macedon Ranges Naturally Cool